Monday, October 18, 2010

 Halloween is only 13 days away.  I have two items checked off on my Halloween to do list.  My costume (better know as the coolest Halloween t shirt ever and my contribution to the treats table).   Now, I have to come up with a Halloween themed arts and craft activity. My daughter-in-law suggested that since I am moving I should let someone else plan an activity.  But, remember  I  have my reputation as a super Nonna to maintain, I declined.  What was I thinking??
After a little searching, I found a simple, easy to make Halloween project a Frankenstein can.
Materials
empty aluminum can
1 sheet green felt
1/2 sheet black felt
scraps of white and light green felt
1 black skinny chenille stem
white glue

2 small black pom poms
scissors
Directions
Make sure can does not have any sharp edges around the opening. If it does, use a piece of sandpaper to sand them down.

Lay green felt on work surface. Lay the can down on to the felt. Roll the can up in the felt to see exactly how much you will need to go all the way around the can. Trim, leaving about 1/2" overlap. Leave about 1" overlap that will fold over the bottom of the can as well as a 1" overlap for the top (mouth) of the can. Glue
the green felt around the can, glue the excess overlap to the bottom and inside the mouth of the can.

To create the hair, lay the black felt on the work surface and place the can on top like you did for the green. Roll can up in the black felt and measure about 2" down from the top of the can. Trim excess. Before attaching black felt, cut one side in a grass-like scissor cut for the hair.


Personal Note:
Instead of felt use construction paper.
Trace patterns - cut some out but leave some for the kids to cut out themselves.
Use kid's blunt scissors.

Pattern


Finally ready for Halloween.


No comments:

Post a Comment