Friday, September 24, 2010

Halloween Cupcakes

Now that I have my Halloween t shirt embroidered and ready to wear.  It's time to choose a Halloween treat to make for our grandkids' Halloween celebration.  Since we are in the process of moving this year, I need a treat that is easy to make.  I know I could just purchase a ready made treat, but that is not my style.  Nonna's don't buy baked items.
Halloween cupcakes are the easiest treat to make and decorate.  My plan is to use a store box cake mix, bake the cupcakes, decorate them and freeze them about a week before Halloween. 

Yummy Mummy Cupcakes
The only thing you need to take off this dessert to enjoy is the wrapper.
To make them, follow these steps:
  • Start with frosted store-bought or homemade cupcakes.
  • Use a pastry bag with basket-weave tip to pipe on white frosting.
  • Pipe red frosting on for the mummy's eyes.
  • Make two dots with black frosting to make the pupils
  • Note:  Use ready made frosting.
  • Red and black food coloring  to make black and red frosting or purchase ready made cake decorating frostings.





 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment