Tuesday, March 1, 2011

St. Patrick was Italian - Really he was!

 As another St. Patrick day approaches, it always amuses me to see people's reactions when I say,"St. Patrick was Italian".  Since I am 100% Italian,  I usually get a smirk or a knowing smile as if to say Yeah Right!
St. Patrick was Italian. Really he was.  He was Italian not Irish.  As the story goes, Patrick's father was  a high Roman diplomat living in England, but a Roman citizen.  Even though  Patrick was born in England, he was a Roman.
I discovered this really cool tidbit of Irish history on St.Patrick's Day, 2010.
Embroidery Fashions Boutique has a nice selection of St. Patrick's day shirts; but not one proclaiming St.Patrick was Italian. This year we are ready to celebrate with our St. Patrick was Italian apparel.  I am going to be brave and wear our new St. Patrick Was Italian t shirt to our local St. Patrick's Day parade and the festivities that follow.  And that's no blarney.
You can see more of our custom embroidered St. Patrick's Day apparel at Embroidery Fashions Boutique.


No comments:

Post a Comment